Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Phone model 9641G can't Dial

Status
Not open for further replies.

alawll

Technical User
Jul 7, 2012
SA
hello everyone! i install 3 IP Phone model 9641G 1 phone is working good but another 2 phones i cant make a call iether inside the network when i take the line have a tone but when i make dial i cant, i tried to download upgrade the release version of my IP Office from release 7 to 8 but still the same.. any help please? thank's in advanced..

Are the phones registered and is there a user logged in?
Do they have appearance keys?
Did you monitor the problem?

A simple mind delivers great solutions

yes i created a user and extension number which is the same configuration i did on the working one, and also have apearance keys which a= is by dailing local extensions.. and until now im still looking for any other way to solve this problem..

It would be very helpfull if you can describe what is happening and what you see in monitor.
Only stating it isn't working is not very informative.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

When a phone is off you can press and hold the red and green keys.
Then you should be shown the firmware versions.
Write those down then compare between each other.

When you dial and the call fails what is displayed on the phone?

whoops.. thinking of a different phone. disregard the previous response.

Menu -> Settings -> About Avaya one-X shows the software version.

thanks guys we solved it by updating the firmware of the phone, from the system menu in avaya manager i put the IP Address of the System Unit in the field HTTP as a server for uploading data to phone to make it upgrade... then the problem solved.. thanks again.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back