Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Phone install tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallas1

Technical User
Feb 5, 2002
US
I need to convert 150 digital/analog phones to IP phones. How can I do it without having to touch each phone to program all the stations ie...extension #, password #
Any help would be great. Thank you!

We found it easier to remove the existing stations after printing out their settings and setting up a template IP station/duplicate. The template has all the required assignments in the right places according to the IP Phone layout...turned out to be more efficient.

you should be able to do this using ASA & templates as demanding said above, try testing this out with some test numbers
I would remove and then re-add, just export a list station from ASA to ensure you assign the correct coverpath & COR/COS

You will need to check what group each extension is in as these will need re-administering

It could be a good time to do some housekeeping and remove any groups that aren't used

Or you could pay a BP to do it for you and spare you the headache

Not so worried about the button assignments, and the station layouts. I was wondering if there weas a way to assign the port numbers "S07124" to grab the IP Addresses without having to touch each phone....not sure if I am explaining it right....

those port numbers are assigned automatically once you assign the station as an IP set

You can use DHCP to discover and load the tftp file, but you will still have to go to each station to assign the extension.

Ronster
"I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back