Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Phone Freezes when SIP Phone calls it

Status
Not open for further replies.

dajf13

Technical User
Feb 19, 2007
GB
Hi All,

I have a OS7100 - V4.70, which has 1 IP Phone a dozen Digital phones and 3 x SIP 3rd Party cordless phones (Gigaset N510) these were installed recently to replace Samsung wifi phones.

The issue the customer is having is that when any of the SIP cordless phones calls the IP Phone it freezes and we have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it back up and working.

The SIP Cordless phones can call each other and the digital stations all ok. The IP phone can call the digital phones and the SIP cordless phones all ok. It's just when the SIP cordless call the IP Phone that we have an issue.

My plan is try a softphone on my laptop to see if that also causes the issue to the IP phone and run wireshark traces.

Has anybody come across this before and know the resolution or point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

If you have any problem with the IP address then you can easily change your device IP address. Or if you have already changed your router IP address then you can reset your router to its default factory settings using 30-30-30 hard reset. Know all of these types of issues related to IP, credentials, or login issues from IP address problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back