Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Phone 1140e 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

barneyraymond

Technical User
Apr 10, 2007
US
I purchased a set a bunch of IP sets from someone and I have an issue with one of them displaying a "User Login" / "Login to:" / "ID: leo" prompt. I tried resetting using the **73639 [MAC} ## and that does not work. If I try the services 2 times to set an IP, it asks for a password. Tired Color*set and no go. Any help would be appreciated as the phone is in excellent condition, I just cannot use it in this state.

Thanks - Barney

When are you trying **73639[MAC]## (2 for A/B/C, 3 for D/E/F)? I usually start punching that in repeatedly as soon as the Nortel logo or the Avaya text shows up on the screen. I have also occasionally had success repeatedly smashing the services button BEFORE the firmware loads to get to a point where you can redirect the endpoint to the new ftp server.

This post here Refers to "remove power from the phone, simultaneously hold "up" and "2" and apply power, which should get you into a text-based recovery menu where you will be able to configure the phone to point to the ftp server and retrieve new firmware" I don't have an 1140e in front of me to test this with currently but it's worth a shot.

"User Login" / "Login To" / "ID" sounds like the phone may be in CS1K mode, so if we can get you to the point where it pulls new firmware from a BCM the problem should resolve itself.

Someone else will be along shortly with more ideas. :)

B.

Hi.

I tried all your suggestions and no luck. I also tried the 4 buttons at the bottom of the screen when you get the NORTEL logo and that does let me get in the settings, but it still prompts for a password. I tried all the usual ones (CONFIG, TELSET, COLOR*SET) and none of them worked.

Barney

Hello Barney

The 1140 you are having trouble with has almost certainly got SiP firmware on it - sounds like you need it to have the proprietory Nortel UNISTIM firmware for use on the CS1k/BCM platform.

Does the firmware filename on the phone look like this (SiP)?

The Unistim firmware looks like this =

0625C8Q

to convert the phone, you will need to set up a TFTP server and trick the phone into downloading the UNISTIM file by editting the .cfg file the phone looks for during the provisioning stage of booting, more details here =

done this myself 1000's of times, good luck.

Paul

You can see it visually here courtesy JoeTheUCxguy.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks for all the help. The Phone is up and running. Took a bit of practice as I kept getting a "Provisional Error", but I figured it out. More info to put in my "Nortel" File for later reference. Hope everyone has a great rest of your week and weekend! Many Thanks! - Barney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back