Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Peer Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ydel

Technical User
Oct 2, 2006
CA
I am implementing IP Peer between 3 sites with SIP. I have 2 site configured with Virtual TRK &D channel. I have these sites working with CDP without NRS implemented. They are configured as Alternate and Failsafe. I will be adding the main site witch will be the Primary and the co-resident NRS. After reading the IP Peer documentation for Rls 4.5 to implement IP Peer Networking with SIP, does NRS HAVE to be program for SIP to work or can it work with just the SIP Gateways information. Also they will be using Virtual Office in the future. Thanks.

In the NRS, you need to configure Dynamic (or static but not recommended) SIP Gateway Endpoint. All SigServ need to be configured with all SIP required informations.
Then in the NRS you will see the remote site registering with their IP addresses. In CS, the Virtual routes must be defined as SIP as well...

Thanks dlesap. CS Virtual routes are good. They are working fine between the Alternate and Failsafe using 4 digit CDP.
I did some more reading after you mentioned Dynamic registration and found it in (IP Peer Networking) NTP's Should I be following the (Enabling and Configuring the NRS server in co-resident mode) NTP's and going into the(Configuring the NRS Server Setting). Adding Service Domains, L1 UDP, L0 CDP, Gateway Endpoints for SIP, User Endpoints, Routing Entries. I'm I on the right path. In your opinion, whitch is the best NTP to follow. I have 3 sites at this time, 3 CS, 3 Sig Server, using Sip Trk, using 4 digit CDP, and will be using Virtual office in the new year. Thanks, your comments are appreciated.

In the NRS:
- define Alternate NRS IP@

In Primary NRS define:
- a System Domain
- a L1 Domain
- a L0 Domain
- Create a Gateway Endpoint for all systems: Main office, Remotes offices using either h323 or SIP protocol. Don't forget that your NRS is not converting protocols. A h323 link cannot be connect to a SIP link...!!!
- Create routing entries
- In tools, Cut over and commit the database to active DB

Thanks dlesap. I have window to restart the Sig Server next week so I will give it a go. One more point that I,m not clear on. Does the Sip Domain Name have to be the SAME in all 3 Sig Server and the Sip Gateway Endpoint Name is the name of the Sig Server at that specific site. Thanks again.

Service Domain is defined only in the NRS. If more than one NRS, yes it have to be the same.
The SIP Gateway Endpoint name is the one defined in the SigServ Node configuration. Each SigServ have its own name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back