Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office ver. 2.0 & Small Community Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

visko

Technical User
Apr 2, 2003
HR
I had really problems with ver. 2.0. So if you will upgrade from ver.1.4 to ver. 2.0 you can expect problems on Your IP Office. I was installed ver.2.0 on Small comunity network and that was OK. You can work on SCN normaly with ver. 2.0.

What Build of 2.0 did you install & what problems are you having
Early builds 2.0(6b) had some quite major bugs

Thats because its not out yet and if you RTFM you would see you need to upgrade to 1.99 first, the module is green but the DT ports are un useable, then upgrade to 2.0(6)...

This will be resolved in the final build my Padowans....

.[lightsaber]

The Problem is when I installed ver.1.99 and then 2.0 I had that my IP Office was blocked.I was restarted IP Office with AT commands (I couldn`t with factory default) and come back ver. 1.4 and then was OK.

as Jedi Says :-
upgrade 403 to 1.99
upgrade 403 to 2.0(x)
reboot & upgrade all expansion modules

to erase config
AT-X2
AT-X3
AT-X4

Agree fully with IPGuru, do it in that order and all will spring to life, play with the order of upgrade and you're screwed.

4.4 403 1.4 to 2.0 Upgrade Notes

The following procedure is applicable to the 403 only. All other CPU’s can be upgraded from 1.4 to 2.0 using the standard upgrade procedure.

Upgrading the 403 from 1.4 to 2.0 requires an upgrade of the loader software to 0.81. The upgrade procedure is as follows:

1. Install the Administration Suite as normal. Do not open the Manager application.

2. Using the Explorer on your PC open up the Program Files | Avaya | IP Office | Manager | IP403V1_99 folder. This will contain a file called ip403.bin. This file is level 1.99 of the IP Office 403 firmware and contains the loader that is necessary to be able to upgrade from Level 1.4 to Level 2.0 and must be used in place of the existing ip403.bin file. Copy this file to the Manager folder within the IP Office suite on your PC, that is, Program Files | Avaya | IP Office | Manager, to overwrite the existing ip403.bin file.

3. Open the Manager application and from File select Advanced | Upgrade.

Bugger that...

The upgrade wizard reports that it sees an IP403 control unit. It also reports that you have 1.4(xx) software and it can offer an upgrade to 2.0.

What it doesn't do is tell you that ticking the box for the upgrade will kill your system. Why can't the Upgrade wizard say "now, you don't want to do that", offer to upgrade to 1.4(99) and following that offer to let you do the 2.0 upgrade.

Currently the whole 2.0 upgrade for the vast majority of systems (ie. 403's) is reliant on readign and remebering the Technical Bulletins that will accompany its release rather than any active action by Avaya.

[thumbsdown]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back