Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office training 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

highpointrich

Vendor
Oct 28, 2004
US
May be time for me to move up to installing Avaya IP Office.
Question to all techs experienced in IPO..Is there a free or low cost way for vendors to learn IPO installation & programming..ie.cd or download manuals...I know some distributors have classes, but they can be pricey and usually require a week of sit down in a class room.I'm not sure if I want to make the investment at this time.I'm very experienced in Partner thru Definity...36 years with Lucent as a tech.
Any advice is greatly appreciated...
Thanks
Rich

go to avaya.com , download all the IPO pdf's, and toolkits. get and read all the tech bulletins. Much of the software is available for download, including many of the tools for techs.
Avaya university offers online courses for a fee, workshops for a fee. They have assesments for testing out of all the courses for the product authorixation. I did not take any courses, I studied the manuals, toolkits, read tech bulletins, and passed the ACA for implement IPO, product authorizations for CCC as well. I did have some limited exposure to cut overs, and hardware install for a co-worker who did install them. If you know someone who implements IPO, offer to do the hardware install and cvut over very cheap , and watch over their shoulder.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back