Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Training - Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubla

MIS
Dec 23, 2002
US
My distributor told me that I had to send 2 technicians to get certified in Avaya IP Office equipment before I could order? I've owned an IT / Telecom company for 10 years and personally I don't have the time to send someone to training for a week...we're a small company. Is there a faster and easier way? I'm losing good jobs because the Partner system is simply to small.

Any ideas?

Our company is a small one too and we were told there is no way around, we had to get techs certified. so we did.

Good luck

I have the IPO implement authorizations w/CCC, and the ACA. I never took a course or a workshop. I studied the documentation, played with an IPO for a few hours. I went to Avaya university, and took the assesments, which test you out of the courses. The ACA takes another test, third party testing facility.
It can be done, but it will still take the equivalent time, but it can be done independently. I would at least get a hold of a small office edition for them to put on the bench to play with. With out the class, do not expect them to be fully knowledgable, and the implement credential is just the begining, there are many more courses which deal with the other IPO applications. It prepares you to install an IPO as a traditional system only. There is a VM Pro class online for less than $200.
Also, pay them to study, don't be cheap, you are the one who needs the PA's, not your employees. If you did not pay me to get the PA's, I would stay long enough to get experience, and then find a real job, and move on. Also, get them the courses eventualy, if they get the PA's for your advantage.
Go to Avaya university online and check out the courses on the IPO, they list assesments as well.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

aarenot, when did you take your tests? I did the same as you but 2 years ago but also did the bootcamp after my tests. Avaya recently changed the requirements and now require the five day bootcamp to be authorized.

oct 2005, I have my avaya learning completed credentials part of my transcript up now and it shows the ACA, and my PA's, valid through oct 2007 on the ACA. I do not believe the requirement is retroactive. The BP I worked for at the time only had two of us with the PA's, and we did not get cut off, so, I am fairly certain i am ok. When did they change the requirement?

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

We are a small comany as well, We only deal in SMB product and just received the SMB Expert Certification from Avaya. We work with tier 3 on Beta for new releases. We have 8 PA techs and 4 ACA's and 3 ACS's on staff. We would be happy to work with anyone on IP Office we are 4yrs into it and several hundred customers installed with all applications CCC, Conference center, IVR, TTS etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back