Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office short codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihatehndls

Technical User
Apr 30, 2002
US
Hi,
We have just installed an IP403 with a T1 PRI to a Definity. I can recieve did calls through the Definity. I can also call any station in the Definity. And any station can call the IP Office. Where I have a problem is getting out of the Definity using the T1 from the IP Office. Should I set a short code like this. This is the only thing I didn't try today.

xxxxxxx;
9xxxxxxx; or 9N;
Dial

for a local 7 digit call and then not dial 9 first?

I have tried to use all the default and the dial[9] second dial tone short code and no luck. It only sends out four digits without the 9.

Thanks for your time.
Rex

It all depends of the digits for external calls coming from the Definity.
If all external calls from Definity towards the T1 line start with a nine you should make a shortcode in the trunkgroup coming from the Definity like this:
Shortcode : 9N;
Telephonenumber : .
linegroup = external T1
Fuction = dial

If Definity sends all digits en-bloc ( all digits at once ) the you can obey the ; in the Shortcode.

Do not forget the settings in the System-Telephony tab : dial-timeout(3000) and the digits count = blank.

I'm sorry. Maybe I haven't eplained myself. I don't have any problems getting to the IP Office from the Definity. I can get DID calls. I can get extension calls to and from the Definity.

My problem is getting out of the Definity once I dial 9 from the IPO. Every call goes to the Defininty as a station call.

Thanks
Rex

If you would like to dial 9 on the IP Office for secondary dial tone, then have this short code:

shortcode: [9]1xxxxxxxxxx;
telephone number: 91N
line group ID: line to definity
feature: dial

With this shortcode, you dial 9-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, and the IP Office pushes that to the definity. The definity sees the 9, then routes the 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx out onto the T1.

If you do not want to dial 9 on the IP Office, then have the short code be like this:

shortcode: 1xxxxxxxxxx;
telephone number: 91N
line group ID: line to definity
feature: dial

Hope this helps.
dlatt1283

Well, I don't have a whole lot to add here other than I ran into the exact same problem doing IPO/Magix integrations. I could get "internal" calls over the T1 to go both directions (even with extension ID's using PRI), but ran into a brick wall when it came to routing external calls through the Magix & vice versa. I don't know if this is the case for Definity and I certainly don't mean to nix any ideas here...but that's my experience.

Thanks so much. I will try it tomorrow.
Thanks
Rex

If the line code on the Definity is '9' then a simple shortcode like:

9N . (Line to Definity) Dial

should work fine

this pushes ALL the dialled digits beginning with nine to the definity - which will then decide to what to do with that call. I did something similar with Network Alchemy to INDeX and it worked a treat :).

Old school Alchemy engineer - trying to keep up with the times :)

revco did you try setting the switch number on the magix? I've done sucessfull IPO Magix point to point T1 and had no such problems.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back