Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ip office server edition sync short codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrael2000

Technical User
Jun 10, 2008
CA
Hi All.

I went through the provisioning document to see how you can push the short codes from the primary server to all the expansion chassis attached to it.
I didn't see anything about syncing except for syncing security passwords.

Is it not possible to force that information out?
If so, how?

Regards

I think it happens automatically when I set up the IPO SEs they always asked when saving the config about the SCs not matching and wanting them to sycn.
Mike

Hi teletechman:

Did you manually enter the short codes into the primary server, or take the Shortcode.csv and import it somehow.

Regards

File > Preferences > Preferences
Consolidate Solution to Primary Settings

This setting is used by Manager when in Server Edition mode.
If Consolidate Network to Primary Settings is selected:
[ul]
[li]Entry and administration of Short Code, Time Profile, Account Code and User Rights records is performed only at the solution level.[/li]

[li]Those records are then automatically replicated in the configurations of all the systems in the solution but are still only visible and editable at the solution level.[/li]

[li]When the configurations are loaded into Manager or when this setting is changed to become selected, if any inconsistency between records are found, a Consolidation Report is displayed. This report allows selection of whether to update the system to match the primary or to update the primary to match.[/li]
[/ul]

If Consolidate Network to Primary Settings is not selected:

Entry and administration of Short Code, Time Profile, Account Code and User Rights records can be performed at both the solution and individual system levels.
[ul]
[li]Records entered and edited at the solution level are automatically replicated in the configurations of all the systems in the solution. Manager displays a label on the record indicating that it is a record that is shared across the solution.[/li]

[li]If a shared record is edited at the individual system level, that copy of the record is no longer shared with the other systems. It will not be updated by any changes to the solution level version of the same record.[/li]

[li]No consolidation checking for inconsistencies is done by Manager when the configurations are loaded.[/li]
[/ul]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back