Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Server Edition 9.1 with 10 site SCN IP500V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

voippbx

Programmer
Jun 6, 2006
US
Guru's - Please help.....I cannot get my finger on this. I fully understand the Avaya CM and gateway setup over multi site etc. I have a 5 site install with 5 IP500V2's and 1 server edition 9.1. Each site has say 20 IP96xx phones. I added the expansion systems and all looks good. I know the analog and digital users/phones need added to their respective IP500V2 where they reside. But where do i add the 96xx phones. Is it each location they are at and register to their IP500V2? What is the pro/con? Does LSP like features work if the WAN is lost? I have been told to add them to the core server and others said to the IP500V2 at their location. Do we loose licensing either way? Do i need to setup Locations with the IPO manager? How would you do the setup if it was yours? Add all 96xx phones to the server and have each location register to that MAIN IP of the core server? What is gained/lost this way?

Please advise and Thanks!

If you have server edition select register the phones to the primary server and configure locations to define where the phones should fall back if the can't reach primary server (similar to LSP).

If you have no select license register he phones to their local expansion and configure the primary server as fallback if the local expansion is not available. The expansion grab the needed licenses from primary server and hold them for 30 days even if the link to primary is broken.

The expansions have their own intelligence and work stand alone. The only need the primary server for inter node dialling and to get the licenses. The licenses are kept during a grace period for 30 days.

all users will be going in the respective control unit.
all Endpoint & server licenses will be going on Server.
PRI licenses will be based onthe SD card in the control unit on each locations.
the server will connect each location.

>The expansion grabs the needed licenses from primary server >and holds them for 30 days

It's actually 15 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back