Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP office remote access thru DSL connection 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

daxn

Technical User
Jun 19, 2002
US
Has anybody setup remote access using DSL with a static IP
address. I would like to use Manager to program my Switches.
I do not have the modem card installed. By the my first IP office is a 403.

AS last resort I,m running PC anywhere on the Vmail Lite Win2000 pc i was going to map the PC anywhere port with a dsl router. I will then launch manager from Vmail PC. I rather not do this beacuse the lack of speed.

Any ideas would be apprecited.
Thanks Manny

If you have a VPN in place just set the IP Office's Default route to your router so that you can get connectivity off of your LAN with your IP Office. You will then be able to connect to the IP Office remotely via your VPN.

Without a VPN in place you would have to NAT the UDP/TCP ports used for Manager to a Public IP address, and make sure you set up ACL's in your router to only allow your Static IP access to the UCP/TCP ports.

I believe the ports are as follows, also ensure that you set up a preference for the IP Address of IP office directly, because broadcasting isn't going to get you anywhere when not on the same subnet.

Type: Source: Port: Destination: Port:
UDP IP_OFFICE 4145 MANAGER_IP 1109
UDP IP_OFFICE 4146 MANAGER_IP 1110
TCP IP_OFFICE 50797 MANAGER_IP 1041

I hope this helps. Thank you,
Frank Mirecki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back