Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP office release 9.1 essential edition 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgreen17

Technical User
Jan 15, 2008
US
Customer would like this set up like the old partner system is that possible if I have the essential edition loaded. Just change to basic mode? Any issues with the embedded vm if I do this. They already purchased the essential license but just want to use in basic mode with 9508 sets.They are getting two combo cards for a total of 8 lines 12 dig stas and 4 analog.

If you really want to handicap the system, sure. Might actually be a downgrade from the partner that way.

Yeah the guys I work with who worked on the Partners get pretty mad when they have to setup a new IPO in Partner mode. AA's can get weird if you start using multiple schedules and night modes is the only thing I've seen with the VM. You'll be better off doing IP Office mode and training the users on the few minor differences.

How would it work in ip office mode and putting the line appearances on all the phones, they are going to have 8 phones and 5 pots lines. Does that affect vm as far as if you transfer a call to an ext will it go to that mailbox ? They don't want auto attnd but want all 5 outside lines to ring in on all 8 phones and only 1 or 2 exts will have a mailbox.Wasnt sure if an outside ringing line would forward to that mailbox. They just want it to ring until someone picks up and then manually transfer calls to a different ext if needed.Thanks for your input.

That's easy to solve by creating a hunt group as target for all lines instead of using line appearances. You can also use the hunt group mailbox and have access to that box through visual Voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back