Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SE_GA_IPO

Vendor
Apr 6, 2021
US
I have a customer whose IPO will reboot for no reason. They are 11.1 with two combo cards and are using the EXT O?P port for door closure. Normally a reboot/restart would not be noticed, in middle of the night, but door closure will unlock and allow entry until customer arrives and reactivates button on phone. Any idea what could be causing this? I have replaced all hardware ie Control unit, both combo cards and UPS.

the door lock is combined with the phone system being online?
That is probably the most ... fun, setup I have ever heard of

So if thieves are coming to rob the place then all they have to do is cause a power outage and the doors are open. ;-) not sure who came up with that but I would have refused to install it this way.

As for the reboot, that can have a million reasons. Power supply going down slowly, config issue, some firmware issue that causes it when a certain action happens.

Run the Monitor and look what happens just before the incident. Check also your config and make sure there are no issues with duplicated names etc. if you run embedded voicemail make sure it is not full for some users and if so have them delete the messages. That is all however not a guarantee that this will fix it but always a good start.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

A door lock system that defaults to unlocked! Don't blame the IP Office for that.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

ps. and you haven't given us any clues about the possible reboot. Look at the system alarms, look at the monitor traces, upgrade to the latest 11.1. The door issue is not the cause of the reboot, just an unfortunate consequence.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back