Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office R9.1 Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

mglafond

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2021
US
Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can help! First, let me say I am an IT guy, not a telephony guy, so this is all relatively new to me. I have a client, a small church, that needs to add a phone to their existing phone system. They have an Avaya IP500v2 system with 12 phones (Avaya 9611g IP digital handsets). They purchased the additional handset, but of course Avaya is no longer selling R9.1 licenses for the additional handset. Avaya's partners all say to upgrade to release 10 or 11. I am waiting on a quote, but I am guessing that will be out of the reach of the church, especially with donations down during, and still now after, the pandemic.

I see "refurbished" licensing SD cards on ebay. Could something like this "AVAYA LICENSE ESSENTIAL 9.1, SOFTWARE UPGRADE R9.1, 1 IP ENDPOINT" ( provide the additional phone license, and if so, would this SD card replace the existing SD card? If so, what happens to the existing licenses, and if not, how is the additional license installed?

Thanks for the advice!

If you bought that card you'd need the license file to go with it and it seems that Avaya will no longer retrieve the old ADI licenses. You'd also lose what was on the existing card.

The easiest option is to get PO 500 MC VCM 32 (700417289) which will give you a further 12 phone licenses. These aren't made anymore but you can find them or Ebay or better still from a refurbisher who knows what they are selling.

Note that the IPO IP500 MC VCM 32 V2 (700504031) doesn't have any licenses.

Those keys have to be generated based on your FK number, and since they can no longer do that, those licenses are locked to that card.
Your best bet is to get the old VCM32 card that ipohead had above.
Do they have any digital phone ports? Those are not licensed and if you have the wiring, it's an easy install.
Alternatively, they could pray for a flood and then an insurance payout.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back