Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office R11.0.4.8.0 build 17 Cannot get Workplace to register.

Sep 3, 2024
Avaya IP Office R11.0.4.8.0 build 17, Workplace build 3.37.0.156(FA-RELEASE83-Build.13).
I am using the system generated 46xxsettings.txt, I have extracted the Cert and applied to mobile devices, looking for some help on what I am missing. FQDN configured etc. I can provide details as requested.

Provide details now. Don't ask people for help and then make them draw information out bit by bit!

Does the client work locally? What client? (Windows, macOS, iOS, Android). If remote, what SBC? Have you licensed the users and user profiles? SE or IP500 V2?

Avaya IP Office R11.0.4.8.0 build 17, Workplace build 3.37.0.156(FA-RELEASE83-Build.13).
I am using the system generated 46xxsettings.txt, I have extracted the Cert and applied to mobile devices, looking for some help on what I am missing. FQDN configured etc. I can provide details as requested.
Hi, I was told by Avaya that 11.0.4.8 is not a supported release, it's just a required step to upgrade to 11.1. That being said, are you using TLS?

Hi, I was told by Avaya that 11.0.4.8 is not a supported release, it's just a required step to upgrade to 11.1. That being said, are you using TLS?
Thanks for that info, I don't want to have to migrate VM to Linux..... doh. I was not wanting to use TLS. I will get an upgrade quote for the licensing.

LOL you haven't answered sizbut questions. It a bit hard to help when we don't have the info.

Nothing wrong with 11.0.4.8, I assume you are on a IP500 since you say you don't want to upgrade to Linux.

If not using TLS you don't need to import certs.

I have an additional question to sizbuts, are you using IP address or domain names?

Avaya IP Office 500V2
R11.0.4.8 recently upgraded.
Not working locally(I have not been onsite) local user has tried with no connection success. Trying to get the app working on mobile. Trying on both IOs and Android.
Using FQDN - https://workplace.**********.com:411/46xxsettings.txt This is reachable remotely.
Customer running Fortigate firewall.
Using remote UDP/TCP port 5050.
System has 57 - J179 SIP extensions up and running.
Install app, accept terms, configure account, press gear, select Use A WEB Address,enter FQDN, press next says setting up app, results in unreachable URL, when on local wifi I get Configuration parsing error.

Ok you need to narrow down the are causing the issue.

Do you have any of the J179s working remotely?

I have assumed the following.
You have the DNS setup as split internal/external?
DNS server set in the IPO
SIP domain name and SIP Registrar FQDN set correctly in the IPO
Power User licences on the user you are attempting to connect.

You shouldn't need the :411/46xxsettings.txt on the end of the URL. (Although it's been a while since I have done this on a R11.0 system)

I would test in the following order.

First do this with TLS disabled and then the last 3 steps with it enabled. If using TLS I would use CA certs.

1/ Local PC using the system IP address not the FQDN (Remove the FQDN form the system first)
2/ Android using the system IP address not the FQDN
3/ Local PC using the FQDN (Load the FQDN and domain in the system first)
4/ Android using the FQDN
5/ Remote using the FQDN

I've found the newest version of Workplace will only work if TLS is setup with a proper 3rd party certificate. It will *mostly* work if TLS is completely disabled (including the appropriate lines of 46xxsettings.txt edited)

If you don’t have a clue what to setup, it will be very hard to bring it to work…

Desktop client locally connects just fine. Working through this. derfloh I have seen many of your responses to workplace questions, do you happen to have a step by step procedure?

You can follow the SIP Endpoints manual.

It’s important to configure SIP domain and FQDN and you need valid certificates. Also the network topology has to be configured correctly.

It has to contain the FQDN and SIP domain as SAN

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back