Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office (R.1.4) over an Avaya VPN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

prei11y

Technical User
Nov 18, 2003
US
Hello,

I am in the process of setting up an IPoffice over a VPN. THe Ipoffice H.323 trunk comes into service relyably when connected to my LAN. I am then able to send and reeceive calls over the IPoffice AS/DS ports; through my Definity,(R1.3).
When I set up the VPN-Tunnel I am no longer able to ping the IPoffice from my denity's C-LAN and MED-PRO cards. I have not seen any reference to this type of configuration from Avaya's Documentation. I feel it it is an IPOffice IP route isssue but have tried every combination of routes and had no luck.
I have Avaya IPhardphones workng on the same subnet and they register with the Defnity just fine over the VPN?
Any suggestions to get this IPoffice working I would appreciate it,

Avaya IPTechno

Questions

Are you using AVAYA VSU's for VPN Connection?
What technolgy is the VPN routed over eg: xDSL, Frame Etc?
Have you seen Avaya Technical Tip 015 VSU Configuration & IP Office ??

ipo.gif

We were able to get the IPO / Definity H.323 IP trunk working over VPN yesterday afternooon. I had some static routes on my routers and default gateway changes to make as well as a few hardware changes on my network. SO, once those changes were made and the corrected IProute was entered into the IPO, I was then able to ping the IP office from the Definity (a good thing). The H.323 IP Trunk came into service immediately and we were placing calls via the SG5 /SG 100 VPN, from the IPO through the Defnity out to the PSTN.

I do have some fine tuning to do on the IP office as far as extension setup goes, I am not happy with the delay in call setup on the IPO. I figure that I also have some fine tuning to do on the Definity as well.

I have not seen the 015 Avaya Technical Tip that you referenced, could you please point me to thoses docs for future reference. We will be deploying the IPO over DSL / Broadband networks.

Thanks for your response.

IPTeckno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back