Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Music on 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justatec

Technical User
Feb 25, 2005
US
I have a IP Office 6.1. embedded VM . I have tried to save a wave file for music on hold. I have the file and named it holdmusic.wav and placed in the manager and rebooted and in the monitor i see it loading and then it fail's , I even tried naming it HoldMusic.wav and still fail's..Help..Thanks

Is it a 500V2? If so it goes in the Primary folder on the SD card, if not where do you have set as TFTP server?

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Not sure what you mean as far as 500v2, But i have the tftp set to 192.168.42.3. which i set my computer to have a static of 42.3.Like i said i have the monitor open and reboot the office and can see it try to load and then it fail's. So do i go to the SD file or what ..thanks

On the front of the system does it say 500 V2, does it have 2 SD card slots in the back? This is something the Installers/maintainers should be doing anyway! If that's you, you are going to need to get some training as it's not as easy as it looks :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Sorry yes it is 500v2 and it has a SD in it. In the doc i have its says build a wav and call it holdmusic.wav and i did place that in the manager. And i reboot.Not there,So you said it may need to be placed in the SD file..is that right,Again thanks i am not there right now and iwill do it when i go back

Set the Phone file server type to "Memory card" set the address as 0.0.0.0 or the systems own LAN1 address. Use Embedded file management and upload the file named holdmusic.wav (needs to be PCM uncompressed, 8000hz, 16Bits, Mono max length 90 secs) to the Primary folder on the SD card :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

There is no need to reboot.
Tje system will trg to find it about every minute.

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Good morning all. Where do i find the file management. And it there a file called SD card .thanks

Please call a BP ig you do not know what to do.

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I have put a few ip offices in , But never with a wav. file. We used to do all nortel but the company is going to the avaya world,I have put in a few ip office 500v2's .. So i am new to the ip world but not the phone world..33 year's ...just need a tip or two to get it done ..

Tip 1: Press F1 in the maanger and search for Music on Hold.
Tip 2: Start reading.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

And this will be your answer from the Help!

WAV Files

The IP Office can use internal music on hold files that it stores in its non permanent memory. The file properties should be: PCM, 8kHz 16-bit, mono, maximum length 30 seconds (90 seconds on the IP500 and IP500v2). If a file of another format is downloaded it will be discarded from memory after the download.

The files, when specified by the System Source and Alternate Source settings) are loaded as follows:

· Following a reboot, the IP Office will try using TFTP to download the file or files.

· The initial source for TFTP download is the system's configured TFTP server (System | System | LAN Settings | TFTP Server IP Address). The default for this is a broadcast to the local subnet for any PC running a TFTP server.

· By default Manager acts as a TFTP server while it is running. If Manager is used as the TFTP server then the holdmusic.wav file should be placed in the Manager applications working directory.

· Memory Card Usage
For IP Office 3.1+:

· If no successful TFTP download occurs, the IP Office will automatically look for the file on the control unit's memory card and will download it from there if found.

· If an internal music on hold file is downloaded, the IP Office will automatically write a copy of that file to its memory card if present. This will overwrite any existing file of the same name already stored on the card.

· For IP Office 6.1, for files downloaded from an IP500v2 System SD card, the system will download the file again if the SD card is shutdown and restarted, files are copied to the card or uploaded using File Manager.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Thankyou, I did look at my first post.Did all that was in it , but be missing one thing, Was told to cap the H and the M ..So i did HoldMusic.wav. And reboot i did both ways and have the monitor open as i reboot and see it try to load the file and then it says deleted file wav... thanks

Thanks for your reply's. It is 6.1 i upgraded it and the music file i have is from a ip office class i had, It may not be the right one. when i look at the properties of the wav file i see all but the KHZ'S. Tell me if any of this is wrong it wont load. Is that right...thanksBas 1234

Do you know of a site i can down load a wav file from to try. Also the spec's on wav file's are they the same or do you have a choice to pick from. Thanks so much..Bas1234

Justatec...

Open up sound recorder on the PC where your holdmusic wav file is stored. Then open up the file in sound recorder and click properties. This will tell you exactly the compression settings the wav file is using. If not the settings that Bas1234 gave you, then do the conversion to PCM, 8kHz 16-bit, mono and then save your changes. Then upload to SD card using Embedded File Management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back