Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP office manager 5.0 configuration failure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipcins

Technical User
Nov 28, 2005
US
We are trying to make changes to our configuration, i.e. add some Hunt Groups, etc. We get as far as entering the change, and pressing the save icon. It doesn't matter which reboot mode we pick, we get a message saying the config is being sent to the control unit, but nothing happens. No changes are made. We are very new to this system and are totally stumped as to why we can't make changes to our configuration. Thanks for any help with this.

Can you get a config out of the ip-office or are you changing a existing one and trying to send it back.

First thing is to get a config out the ip-office with the right password, then change it and then you can send it back.

Greets Peter

Peter,
We are changing an existing one. We are able to get the config with the password. We then go in and add a hunt group or whatever change we wish to make to the existing one, but no changes are being made. The whole process stops when the system attempts to send the change to the control unit.

For the good order, you open Manager use a password.
Then you open file and it will search for the unit.
You must enter a password again and you get a config of your unit.

Only time having this problem was to reset the Ip-office and the try again.

What software level is the ip-office

Greets Peter

Instead of using the broadcast address of 255.255.255.255, try connecting with the actual IP address of IPO unit. Maybe the system is having some issues using broadcast. Just a thought..

Our IP Office is version 5.0 (59). We are able to get the config of our unit by entering the passwords, but it's not allowing us to make any changes to it for some reason. You mentioned reseting the Ip-office - how is this done? Thanks.

Thanks for your reply SuperJenks and pardon my ignorance.....how do I connect with the actual IP address of the IPO unit? Where do I go to change this connection set up? Thanks.

Broadcast can,t be the problem because you can pull a config.

The only thing i can think of is that your account of the manager has no rights to change things.

Remove manager and install it again.
username and password is then Administrator/Administrator and then you will have al the rights.

Greets Peter

After you have logged into the manager application with administrator, go to File | Preferences | Edit | and then put the actual ip of IPO. I suspect that there is a IP problem or network issue.

Changing the broadcast address made no difference. Is there a way to change our existing account if it's a rights issue. Right now we are logging on using Administrator/Administrator but no changes are going through.

No, its something more than a rights issue. What are the IP's of both vmail and IPO. Try pinging the IPO from vmail server.

Where do I go to find the IP of our vmail? What is pinging and how do I ping the IPO from the vmail server? Are you sorry you got involved yet?

When you open the config. there is a category on the left called system. When double clicked the interface opens and there is a tab at the top called voicemail. In that window, there is a Voicemail IP Address field and it should be populated witht eh IP address of the voicemail server.

Back to the tabs at the top of the page. There should be one there called LAN or LAN1. The first field should be IP Address. That is the IP address of the IPOffice.

Use that number with the instructions below.

Pinging:

Start>Run> Type CMD in the box and press enter...a black DOS window will appear. Type ping<space>and the IP address form the system tab in the IPOffice config.

In manager, click File and select Change Working Directory.... what is in the firstcalled Working directory?

Do you use the right manager for the IP Office?
Check this in Manager : Help -> About it will tell you the version. Then click on File, Open. There will be a window opened were you must enter the password, this window also shows the version of the IP Office core software.

You can also try this :
Open a config, go to file and select Save As and save the config to the hard drive of your computer.
Close the config without sending it to the IPO.
Go to File -> Offline and open the saved config.
Again go to File -> Offline and select Send Config, it will open the send window, select Direct Reboot and enter the password below. Now the IP Office should reboot.

If it still fails try to use another PC.

Did the ping thing - the message on the black DOS window said the IP address was pinging with 32 bytes of data:
Packets: Sent = 4 , Received = 4, lost = 0

Still our config changes are not registering.

When you are "saving" the config are you clicking "Immediate" or "when avaliable"?

Manger version is 5.0 (59)
IP Office core software is 3.0

Reboot mode options are:
Immediately
When Free
Merge Config
None

Which one of these options are the same as direct reboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back