Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office LDAP Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ieshna

IS-IT--Management
Jan 25, 2006
The Official Avaya Documentation for the IP Office LDAP Configuration states that a maximum of 500 contact records can be present in the LDAP directory that is being read from. Does anyone know how to increase this limit and have the system search through them all each time a telephone number needs to be resolved. We have about 4000 contacts that we would like to have show.

Thanks.

Oh have fun with that. I've seen a Phone Manager trying to read an 800 entry directory and it was ssssslow. I think that's why Avaya set a limit of 1000 on its own directory. So even if you did get past the LDAP limit the application performance would not be worth it.

Hi, you may try our cti application fonXpress/DIALit, the is no limitation of entries when using a ldap directory, all you need is the tapi link lite, or better the tapi link pro for advanced IPO Features.
Take a look at
bye!

You can use IP Phone 4620, 4621, 5620 with their integrated WML client.
These IP Phones are able to browse a LDAP directory through WML and PHP pages.
No limit of capacity in this case.

I have made a solution based on the wml browser with 4620 and 4621 (ACM), this works fine to dial out, but you don't have a caller identification in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back