Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Embedded Voicemail issue (auto delete message)

Status
Not open for further replies.

morry70

Technical User
Oct 16, 2008
IT
Hi, i need to know if there's a way to override the 24h auto deletion of lissened (not saved) mail messages on embedded VM or to have an "auto save message".
this is due to the need to listening the same messages from more people accessing the mailbox in different times (sometimes after 24h)and not always they save the message lissened

Thanks in advance for any hint and apologize my english

No you can't do this, they will need to save the message or it will be deleted :)

Or set them up with vm to email and it will be retained in their email to listen to later on if they need to.

Thanks for answering :)
the vm to email is yet setted, but the problem is that during weekend none is present to check for mail
people who need to lissen are transpotrters and not all has access to email over phone/smartphone.
we have noticed the problem due to vm to email, because recorded messages doesn't match with sent e-mail.

i'm acting to convince the customer to save messages, but if there's a way to do the same automatically............

The voicemail should only be deleted 24-hours AFTER the message was listened to. So, this should not affect any voicemail messgaes left over the weekend.
The Embedded Vociemail userguide states this fact also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back