Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office: Designed to make a technician look stupid 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nortel4Ever

Vendor
Nov 1, 2011
CA
A customer was complaining about Redial not working to call back a long distance number because the 1 was missing. I went into a long explanation about how that wasn't possible because in our region the same area code can be both local or long distance depending on where the call originated and the IPO wouldn't be able to make that distinction. Because of that I wouldn't be able to program the IPO to automatically insert a 1 in front of the redialed number.
The customer emailed me a couple of days later and said HE figured it out when WE couldn't. Press Redial, highlight the number to be called, press 1, press Call. Baada Booom Baada Bing - and the customer said he wouldn't bill me for his time [bigsmile]

If you knew the product, it wouldn't make you look stupid.

There is a pretty simple programming trick to allow returning 10 digit telephone numbers from the call log, and when you get a voicemail to email, the phone number in the subject line doesn't contain a leading 9 or 1, so you can touch on it and return the call from your smart phone.

I feel your pain Nortel4ever. It's difficult to know all the in's and out's of a product when you work on multiple platforms.

I used to have super powers but my therapist took them away...

Ouch TTT, that hurts...

That's close to trolling....

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back