Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office conference bridge question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalapeno

MIS
Nov 12, 2001
US
Hello,

We have a definity g3si and we've recently purchased an IP office that we use for a conference bridge.

We currently have one room configured. We have security concerns in that if there is on a conference call, someone else in the company can call in and listen (because there is only one pin)

What I was going to do to help the situation is to create multiple rooms with multiple pins. Some pins will be more secure than others.

But I can only allow a max of 12 connections, so I only want one conference call at any one time even though there are several rooms.

Now we have scheduling in Outlook but users make mistakes and someone could create a second call and fill up all the ports so that the first call cannot use all 12 ports.

Is there a way to limit the system to allow only one room to be used at a time? Or is there a better way to fix this situation?

This IP office is new and I don't know anything about it. I know how to configure the conference bridge rooms but that's about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi ,
Have You the VoiceMail Pro Sw and License ???
If You have it , You can set a lot of features and check pins with different digits too .
You can send an e-mail to the conference admin by VM Pro for each guest coming into the conferce .
If You need infos , try to find that into the Ip-Office Avaya portal section .

I saw on Avaya's website a software called "Conference Center" which is a web-based application that allows users to schedule conferences via the web.

I saw that you can download it but I'm not sure if there is a RTU License fee or not, it may require a seperate server (not sure).

Here is where I downloaded it from:

For more info, check out this thread in the IP Office forum:
thread940-862113

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back