Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office changing ringtones

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbusy

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
We have an Avaya IP 403 phone system with around 20 handsets. The handsets are all located in our open plan office and users have repeatedly asked if I can vary the ringtones. There is an option in the management software to change the internal and external ringtones, but when I've tried to implement this it doesn't work.

We are using the basic 2010 handsets, and I wonder if this might be the problem?

Can anyone tell me if they have sucessfully managed to get this to work, or have any idea why I'm having problems.

Thanks in advance for help.

You are correct, there are options to change the ringtones, but these settings only apply to analog phones. For digital and IP phones, the ringtones for each call type are predefined within the phones themselves.

You can change the ring sound and volume using user short codes. Plug a 2030/2050 in and change to the desired ring tone (if you turn the volume up it goes past the screen and gets louder)

This will program a user short code. Copy this short code onto other users as desired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back