Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP office CCR showing disconnect 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

UmaSharanV

Technical User
Sep 19, 2007
OM
Recently we have installed Avaya IP office CCR version (1.2.4.6)but its showing disconnected and no administrator/ supervisor license are available.while in the system all license are valid.Admin version is (5.0.08).i have installed proper prerequisite.

What IP address is it saying on the Data Analyser? Have you changed this IP address of the server?

ACSS (SME)

I never touched anything...

this happens when you clear the event logs, or restart some of the CCR services.

My fix method is this:

Restart the Real Time Data Analyser
Re enter the IPO Admin password, then click update.

Wait a shor time.

should be good after that.

Always ask HSM CCR questions, as it is his favourite of all Avaya products he devotes most of his time to playing with and perfecting his skills on it :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

HSM, have you come across the one where if you change the IP address of the CCR server is doesn't update this on the data analyser so it never connects to the IPO? Restarting the services didn't fix. Had to reboot the server to get it working!

ACSS (SME)

I never touched anything...

Somewhat related, did not want to open a new thread.

Have you seen where the CCR Services are showing that the SQL Database has "communications faulted"?

I had this working perfectly yesterday, come in today and this service is down. Tried restarting services and then rebooting.. and still faulted, I'd like to avoid having to reinstall heh.

@element4749 - clear the PC event logs. I reinstalled five times before figuring this one out (with a little help from my friends!) Once I had it figured out, trouble came back the next day. Made a batch file to "single click" clearing the event logs and I think that scared it into submission. Hasn't been back since.

The latest maint release MAY have addressed this issue.

Mike

Wow, that worked perfectly... Thats really odd.

Honestly this forum rules. Haha, I can't thank you enough.

So do you need to single click it every day? or just make it the batch file a part of a login script?

I have not identified if it only occurs if the server restarts or not.

Made a batch file to "single click" clearing the event logs and I think that scared it into submission.

Can you show me that batch ?
I cannot find anything to clear the eventlogs with a batch file.
I have searched and it seems to be impossible.
A star is waiting for you :)

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Only had to make the batch file, haven't had to use it yet. Somehow it knows that I'm ready to click it into submission. Have since upgraded, restarted, etc and the trouble hasn't come back.
So, it worked perfectly for your case, yet I see no shining star next to my name. Hint. [smile]
Mike

Only when you have a working "clear event log" batch :)

@tlpeter - that one was directed at element4749. You posted while I was puttering.

Batch file contains the following two lines:

wevtutil cl application
pause

Write it in notepad and save it with a .bat extension. I put it on the desktop of CCR machine for easy access.

Mike

Is there more ?
It does not work at all.

I will send you a star indeed !

I managed to get those errors cleared, it still seems buggy however, for example, I have a wallboard user that I am trying to delete and I receive the standard error database message as if the database was not there. Then, it shows "Faulted" as the status message for SQL Express and the Management service. However after it refreshes its back to normal status.

Strange thing is it only seems to be happening to this one entry. I can add new users fine and delete those users, Ill probably have to manually purge that one entry out of the database.

It works on my server - win 2008 standard... try typing the first line in a dos box and see what happens...
Mike

I have server 2003.
It says: wevtutil is not recognized as an internal or external command.

So i guess it is new in 2008.
But i will do some google.
If you are faster then there is still a chance for a star :)

Think you need a VBScript. Found on google.

strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate,(Backup)}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colLogFiles = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_NTEventLogFile Where LogFileName='Application'")
For Each objLogfile in colLogFiles
errBackupLog = objLogFile.BackupEventLog("C:\Logs" & year(Now) & "_" & month(Now) & "_" & day(Now) & "_" & hour(now) & "_" & minute(now) & ".evt")
objLogFile.ClearEventLog
Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back