Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP OFFICE 8.1 AND 1120E PHONES

Status
Not open for further replies.

techma2

Vendor
Mar 2, 2010
US
I have an IP Office 8.1 and I'm trying to light up several Nortel/Avaya 1120 1140 etc. I have a VCM 32 in this unit but when I plug in a phone I get an error message saying that a cable is unplugged. I have POE and a stand alone power supply but I get the same error either way. Has anyone ran into this?

If I understand you correctly.....You don't plug them into the VCM card itself.... those ports are for when you have a trunk/line card fitted they are not LAN ports. The system goes onto the network and those phones should also be connected to the same network via a switch...same as when used on a BCM really :)

If they are on a switch you..... have something wrong as they aren't even detecting the connection. The system you have is irrelevant at this point as those phones aren't even on the network yet, never mind communicating with the system :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back