Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 500V2 V 8.1.52 - Basic Edition - Quick Mode - Config Questions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepcsupport

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2012
GB
Hi all,

I have my first Quick mode system. And have a few questions. I hope that someone can share some light here:

- 1408 phone has Admin button next to the screen (Right side). End user can change System settings and other settings. I don't want the user to be able to do this.
According to the installation guide the first 2 extensions are able to Admin the system from certain phone models. I have tried to set a system password (4digit pin) but even so phones can still manage the system.
As far as I can see teh only option is to give to the user dumb phones for the first 2 ports. This is not a walk-around I want to do.

- Incoming calls - As default it gives to Operator group. I have setup another instance to forward all calls to Calling Group 1. I cannot see any option to "Overflow" to another Group.
e.g. Incoming call to Group1 (2 users) If no answer after 3 rings to Overflow to Group 2
Any ideas? Auto Attendant? Rotary ringing?

- Call Park - Cannot find the option to configure buttons for Call Park - guess it's not available.

Many thanks

Andrei.

Put it in IPO mode and your problems disappear straight away :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

The basic mode was designed for people coming from the Partner ACS.This is also know as a key system not a PBX. If you ever programmed a Partner ACS then this will be programmed the same way.Put the lines on the phones and set the first 2 users for immediate ring and the remainder of the people as delayed ring. With the lines on the phones you do not require Park Buttons, you now use hold. The ADMIN button is a good thing since most sites that use this mode do not put the system on the network (thats from my personal experience).

If you do not like it that way then your only option is going to Essential mode,(or PBX) And I do not recommend line appearances but have programmed them for people that insist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back