Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 500 V2 One-x installed on windows 7 pc with VmPro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

simcom

Programmer
Sep 3, 2009
US
Can anyone help with the installation of One-x Portal on my windows 7 computer which also has VmPro running on it. When I follow the One-x installation procedure I have a problem with The IIS configuration. The guide says to Enable Direct Metabase edit, IIS6 Configuration Compatibility. SSL should be disabled for the default website and The Voicemail Pro voicemail server installation should include the Web Voicemail Pro (UMS) component. Has anyone installed One-x Portal on a Windows 7 PC instead of a Windows Server and if so can you help me? I am a new Avaya Partner and can't get help from Avaya because it is not installed on Windows Server X.

One-x can only be installed on a server (Linux apps server or Windows server) so this will not work at all.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

And for your sake and the customers go Linux :)

| ACSS SME |

I only accept a Windows client if it's only used management, installing the Manager applications.

For all other, VM Pro, Xima etc I will only install these on Windows Server or use the AppServer.
The customer saving a money on OS (and hardware since this is usually then installed on a client PC) will cost you more in lost time in the end.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

On the hardware side I can't see that it matters if you use a server or a desktop. Although desktops aren't designed to run 24/7 I've not had any problems doing this for 5 years.

On the software side I can't see any reason why you can't use a desktop version instead of a server version of Windows although this isn't supported.

Of course you are far better using the Linux based app server as you don't need to worry about the cost of Windows and some of the limitations in the the earlier version such as linking to a database seem to have been addressed. This is managed in a web browser so you don't need any Linux knowledge.

Hey ipohead,
Thanks for the response. It sounds like you have done this before. I was told by Jenne support that they had techs that have done this before and it worked fine but isn't supported. I have vmpro installed on a windows 7 computer in the office for training and demo purposes and it works fine. I would like to add the one-x portal to it also rather than buying a server just for one-x. I would be happy to pay you for support rather than purchasing a new server. Would you be interested?
Thanks,

Bill

Do you actually have IIS installed as I am not sure how far you got?

I can't really help as I've not done this myself. In theory it should be possible but unsupported.

Like the others have said go for the Linux Appserver. You don't really need any Linux knowledge as once installed it is administered from a web interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back