Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 500 V1 with 5420 phones losing call logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjk165

Vendor
May 18, 2012
US
Does anyone know why a 5420D or 5410D phone on an IP Office 500 V1 would lose its call logs or not store them? I have a system that is doing just that. It doesn't want to store the last 10 calls and erases all the previous calls, so there is nothing showing up on the call logs. Not sure where to start investigating on this one.

Thanks.

Karl

Avaya SME ACIS Certified

What version?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

It is a 4.2 version. Very old. I have them scheduled to upgrade them to 8.1 but waiting for their fiber to be repaired. A company dug up their fiber that links the other buildings. We have it temporarily repaired but a new fiber is going to have to be installed. Anyways, I am left to deal with the 4.2 version at this point. The loss of logs was happening before the fiber cut.

Karl

Avaya SME ACIS Certified

Then i have no clue.
The phones loose there call logs after a reboot.
Does it reboot often?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

No, it doesn't reboot very often. I made test calls when I was on site and the system wasn't keeping those calls. I would just get a blank screen. I tried reading up on call logs in the Avaya Manuals but the information in there isn't useful for this issue.

Karl

Avaya SME ACIS Certified

The call logs are held locally on those handsets, they aren't within the system :)

"No problem monkey socks

Probably just the phone not being set to log missed calls. Make sure that is not off

Hey Kjk165,

Odd question but do you have appearance buttons programmed on the phone? Back on the 54xx series, if you didn't have these appearance buttons then the logs would not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back