Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ip Office 500 transfer call to voicemail, call barred

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahrusca

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2013
CA
Hi All,
We have an avaya ip 500 system. If we want to transfer a user straight to another users voicemail the user doing the transfer would hit transfer #extension and it would go to the destination voicemail.
One user was in her voicemail and she keyed in something by mistake. Now when someone tries to transfer a call to her voicemail we get a message saying "call barred". The voicemail is still active but this transfer to voicemail won't work. I believe the option is called voicemail collect. Sorry if this has been posted and resolved somewhere else but I couldn't find it in the searches.

Thank you!

Anyone have any idea on this? sorry but i searched the help for both ip office manger and then voicemail application and couldn't find an answer.
Any help is appreciated.

Can you dial # and their extension (not using a transfer, just calling directly by picking up an internal phone and pressing # and the extension)?

also try another mailbox as well for testing purposes.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Go to the extension that is "barred" and dial *00 and try again.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hi thanks for your reply.
telecomboy - no, when i dial # and extension the phone says "call barred"
smokinjoe2938 - all other extensions are working when i try this, even extensions that don't have voicemail enabled the Avaya VM will pick up when dialing with # extension
tlpeter - i tried *00 on the barred extension and there was no change, I also tried it on a working phone to see if i can get it to not work (the transfer to vM) and the transfer still worked. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

there was also this thread relating to the subject but i don't understand what '#' N means

Thank you.

btw, the user said that this stoped working after they were accessing their VM and dialed a code by mistake. so could it be that they first have to log into the VM and then put in an code?

Just a thought.... not sure if system in question is embedded or pro...... IPO mode or intuity.... this is the only thing I found.

You can prevent further callers from leaving messages. Instead callers hear your name and the message Sorry, the mailbox you have reached is not accepting messages at this time. Please disconnect. This option is also known as Accept Call Answer. This does not stop other mailbox users from forwarding messages to your mailbox.

flow_options_call_answer

To prevent your mailbox from accepting new caller messages:

1. Log in to your mailbox.
2. Press 5 for personal options.
3. Press 7. You hear a message that tells you whether the Accept Call Answer option is turned on or off.
4. To change the setting, press 1.You hear a message to confirm your change.

This is for vm pro intuity mode. Maybe a few more details are needed. Versions etc.....

A genius doesn't solve problems, he prevents them~~!!~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back