Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 500 on two subnets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwhitmore

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2008
US
Can I use LAN1 and LAN2 on separate subnets?

We have IP Office 500 v6 running in seven locations. All incoming and outgoing phone calls go through our main office (SIP). We will move to another MPLS provider and switch away from SIP to PRI. Until we get all of our locations moved to the new provider we will maintain both networks. Our current provider has our IP Office at main site on a separate subnet. This separate subnet is configured on their router (LAN1 is plugged directly into the second network port on their router).

Can I configure LAN2 with an IP on our local subnet?
(example: LAN1 is 192.168.122.10 and LAN2 is 192.168.100.10)

Yes . Might want to add IP route 192.168.122.0/24 to LAN1 and 192.169.10.0/24 to LAN2

Madwok,

Thanks for getting back. Just to confirm, I can have our existing provider still send/receive SIP traffic to 192.168.120.10 and have the extra LAN port on the Avaya set to 192.168.100.10 which will bridge the two networks allowing us to transition each office over to the new provider while maintaining the SIP traffic to the offices that have not switched to PRI yet?

As you know the IPO is actually a router ( L3 device )
with 2 ethernet ports ( LAN 1 and WAN/LAN2 ) , OK ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back