Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 5 DECT R4 setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliftyview

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2014
US
Running Ip office v 5.0 on 406v2 system. with Avaya DECT Compact IP RBS V2 Radio Base Station 700502034

Had working DECT R4 system with 2 3725 phones until someone whacked the DECT R4 unit and had to replace. Reprogrammed the new unit and it is connected to Ip Office. Phones can subscribe to DECT system but when i try to log into ip office with an extension i get "not allowed". double checked all settings and even removed and recreated extension and users with no luck. One thing with IP office v5 under the gateway tab there is no place to put the sari code. Any suggestions? Was working perfectly before i had to replace the base station.

This is a tricky situation. I'd guess your issues likely stem from the software version on the IPBS being incompatible with IPO 5 software. If the IPBS is new, it's got software about a decade off from what the IPO software was designed to communicate with. Unsure if Avaya has the older IPBS firwmare available, or if the IPBS could even handle a downgrade that far. Often times the chipsets change at a manufacturing level and downgrades below certain software releases aren't possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back