Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 406V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisjt

IS-IT--Management
Sep 29, 2011
US
TO go from ipoffice 5.0 to 6.0 what is all involved? or is it better to get a IP500v2 and run 7 let me know both ways pros or cons please

i have some newer avaya IP phones donated to us and i want to be able to run them and i belive it will take 6 or better

that is a very vague question, but I would say it depends on your need for the phone system. If you are happy with the phones ringing and you picking it up and dialing and don't want any fancy stuff then leave it with the 406 and go with R4.2 if your IP phones are supported there as that release doesn't require IP endpoint licenses, can handle SIP trunks as well as SIP extensions if need be.
What type of IP phones do you have and want to work on the system? Be aware that you will have to buy endpoint licenses for anything R5.0 and higher and they are probably more than a bunch of used 4600 or 5600 series IP sets (yes I know they are ugly)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Interrupt the silence only if you improve it by saying something, otherwise be quiet and everybody will be grateful.

What type of phone have you got donated?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

R5 was still free enpoints and dropped the requirement for the upgrade to Pro licence (this was the peak of selling a cheap IP Office and winning all quotes), so best to go to R5 really....R6 introduced the endpoint licences and it's been downhill ever since :)

"No problem monkey socks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back