Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 406 Forward Call - Forward Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

threevalvematt

Technical User
Sep 21, 2003
US
Hi. I have an executive who would like his admin assistant to answer all his calls. It should only ring at the assistant's extension. However, if his assistant doesn't answer (busy, or not there) it needs to go back to the executive's extension and ring there. Then go to voicemail if he doesn't answer.
Is this possible?
I have an IP Office 406 and use Manager v5.1.56.0

Yes. Not sure on your version though. Can you open manager and click on the open. It will come up with the system firmware version.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement (Aug 30th)

Need more info. Do you have AA and is this for internal external or both?

Which vm do you want it to go to? His or hers?

Bridged or Coverage appearance buttons may do what you want.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

Why not point it to the admin assistant in ICR and give it a fallback to the executive's extension
turn VM on for his phone and done
i don't understand why it must go true VMPro ???
keep it simple

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Calls go directly to the user,either internally or externally. There is no auto attendant or receptionist routing the calls.
What happens now is if someone dials xxx-xxx-x601 from the outside, or 601 from the inside it rings on both the Exec and the Admin's phone immediately. Whoever answers first gets it. If no one answers, it goes to the Exec's voicemail. I did this by adding a "Bridged Appearance" button on the Admin's extension with the Exec's name in the "Telephone Number" field.
I have calls to the Exec set to "Forward on Busy" now. I could have it "Forward Unconditional" as long as I can get it to ring back on the Exec's phone if the admin isn't there to answer it.
What tlpeter says to do sounds like what I want, but I'm not certain how to give it a "fallback to the exec's extension".

Put the executives phone on divert all to the secretary, the secretary is the only person allowed to call the executive and can transfer calls to the executive.
Going to VM is a bit of a problem as if the secretary does not answer the call will go directly to the executives mailbox and will not ring he extension.
There are some changes in 4.0 which may enable your scenario.

NIHIL NOVI SUB SOLE

Could you have his calls ring a third independant phone? Just assign executive's extension to independant phone - give him a new "unlisted" number. Give bridge keys on assistant phone with immediate ring, bridge keys on executive phone with delay ring. Have independant phone cover to voicemail with special "leave" instruction to put message in executive's mailbox. May require 4.0. Just a thought.
Mike

Threevalvematt

Triode, tetrode or pentode?

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back