Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 403 basic control unit - what would I need to get to support IP phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteta

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2012
US
I have an IP Office 403 base control unit that I use for my home office system. Currently I am using 2420's and 64XX series digital phones on it. What would I need to get and where would I find it, as far as being able to deploy IP phones? I assume some type of license key or dongle?

You need a IP400 VCM4 module which can't be bought from Avaya but eBay might have some offers.
The only IP Phones which can be used are the 64XX phones and guess what.. not sold by Avaya anymore so eBay?

intrigrant said:
The only IP Phones which can be used are the 64XX phones

I'm fairly sure you mean 46XX and maybe 56XX, depending on software level. However, still discontinued by Avaya

on the 403 you don't need license keys for IP phones, but TBH it is not blessed with a lot of features compared to the new systems.
I would go minimum with an IP406V2 and upgrade to R5.0 as that at least gives you SIP capability for extensions and trunks, 4.2 gives you SIP trunks and both you don't need licenses for IP sets but the VCM channels are a must for any Avaya IP Office.

Is there any reason for IP sets other than going with the trend?
If not stay with your digital sets, they boot in seconds, your network can go down and they still work even though networks go down much less these days it still is a concern.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

[peace]I'm a voice systems engineer for the company I work for and we have a large Avaya VoIP call center system that I support distributed in the U.S., India, Philippines. I work out of my home office and use the IP Office system and was just wondering what the IP phone capabilities were for the IP403, if nothing more, just to play around with them. I will consider upgrading though as we are investing heavily in SIP now.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions! (btw, I fugured that he meant 46xx, and not 64xx!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back