Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 403 and UPAM paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwddozier

ISP
Mar 23, 2002
US
Referring to Job Aid 015 'Attaching 3rd Party Paging Equipment' and the UPAM installation and use manual, I cannot seem to get the paging access to work. I followed page 3 of the Job Aid "Paging via an Analog Extension Port to a 'T' and when the extension or short code is dialed, all you get is 'number busy' with the UPAM connected or not. Change the extension to 'Standard Telephone' and it seems to work when you dial the paging number but the short code does not work and it does not drop the line until the UPAM paging time times out. Questions:

The IPO POT port considered which of the following?

- Loop Start Trunk Port Access
- Ground Start Trunk Port Access
- Station Line Access
- Page Port Access

I have the POTS port (pins 4 & 5) of the IPO connected to UPAM's phone system T & R, no power supply. Is this correct?

Any suggestions for the proper setup for paging equipment? Thanks!

I also had problems with this and got it to work via a CO Trunk port WITH the UPAM, but you HAVE to leave out the "." in the short code. So, following the documentation to a "t" doesn't always help.

Search the forum for this issue. You must power cycle your IPO to make it work.

I have dug deep into the forum for tips regarding this issue. I have come to the conclusion that if you set the Extension Equipment Classification to 'Paging Speaker' as the Job Aid 015, page 4 says - you will get a 'busy' when you dial the extension, no matter how you connect up to the UPAM and doing power cycles after each change. With the extension set to 'Standard Phone', you can make a paging call to the speakers but with the UPAM set to 30 seconds for 'paging time', the extension will remain 'busy' unit the UPAM times out. Is there a way to have it disconnect when the paging call is complete? Thanks for any input.

I finally page with an analog extension (POT)... with this particular amplifier i had to put a 300 ohms resistance, in the configuration, as rwddozier said, you have to set the extension as "standard phone" and have a shortcode with the number of the extension on Telephone Number and dial paging as function, it works very well!!!

We have stopped using the Analogue ports because of general problems. However we have found a good way to do it is us a 2010 or a 6402.

All you do is connect a 600 ohm matching transformer to the handset speaker circuit via the curly cord. Ugly but effective and it also gives you some volume control.

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back