Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2012
US
Hi all,
I know this is going to sound like a n00b question (and it is), but do you know what release of Manager is compatible with a 400? The company I am working for cut our teeth on the 500v2. We have an upcoming install where the contractor is leasing the customer the equipment.
Thanks in advance.

Greatness is the echo of a life well lived and a job well done.

Why in the hell would they lease old hardware!? It wont support the latest software, and it EOL and won't get support from Avaya! The latest supported was R 6.1 on the 406v2 (pc8 and later).

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Well, it starts at 1.0, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 2.0, 2.1, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 4.0, 4,1, 5.0 upto 6.0.
Every version below 3.0 needs a Manager of equal version, the versions from 3.0 can be managed with any manager upto 9.0.
I will not recommend manager 9.1 as I have experienced starnge things happen with IP 400 systems.
So, the first thing is to know the software build, hook up a serial cable to the unit and use Hyperterminal or PuTTy to connect, settings 38400,8,N,1
When conected type AT and press enter, a reaction must be visible then type at-debug, a system prompt appear.
Type version followed by enter and it will show the software build.
Exit debug mode with the command localta.
Now you know the software build than you must find the right manager software, this is a good site to start.

Were are the installation contractor. We have no say on the equipment. And yes, it is an outmoded system. Thanks for the heads up. I currently have 9.0.6.0 Manager installed. I think I have release 8.1 on a cd at the office, but I need to check. The jobsite is an hour and a half away in rural AZ. I do have a serial cable and the basics to log in and check the s/w version. 9.1 manager is no longer supporting IPO 400 or 500, just 500v2.
Thanks for all the info.

Greatness is the echo of a life well lived and a job well done.

Where are you located? I'm in AZ as well, don't run into many AZ techs here.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back