Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSmitherman

Programmer
Oct 24, 2003
US
Has anyone heard when the release of 3.2 will be available? Does anyone have any documentation on what will be coming? Thanks.

Or for that matter, has Avaya decided on whether or not to charge for this release and if so, how much?

Alan

July is the expected release date. And thus far the only thing I have heard is that the Mobile Twinning will be a per user fee based license.

Kyle Holladay
Certified: ACACN, ACSCI, ACSCM, TIA-CTP
"If it worked the way it should you wouldn't need me

yup, what Kyle said, no charge for upgrade, mobile twining RFA'ed by user.

Fine question. Here is a star for you because I was just wondering the same thing.

V3.2 is just about to start field trials
I have bee playing with a Pre-Beta release & It should be quite good once it is available on General relase.

Most of the new features are more beneficial to installers & maintainers rather than end useres but there are still a few extras to make upgrading worth while.

expect the jelease date to slip though, it usualy does & I am sure we would all prefer a late release as aposed to rushinng out a problematic release.

I have hands on 3.2 right now...the new manager is really nice you can FINALLY copy/paste button programming from one extension to the others.

the security of Manager is improved: the administrators passwords are no longer stored in the local manager config, they are inside the ip office.

Many improvements were made to manager, it is backward compatible with different ip office firmware. The dark side is that the application runs really much slower than previous releases; but they will probably optimise the code before releasing GA.

Its a merge between the Wizard and Manager application (oh no!), but so far for a beta version it is already much better than what Wizard was. Wizard was really a piece of c***

Had no time to test mobile twinning so far but I'll give it a shot later this week

Forget mobile twinning, look at User Rights, its user restrictions on steroids - you can create templates of settings, short codes and button programming to be applied to sets of users - and all on time profiles so they can have different settings at different times. [if it all works of course]

And so simple but nice, you get told what type of phone is connected to each port.

When you say "Mobile Twinning" will be RFA'ed is that different to the extension Twinning that's provided in 3.1? We currently have a couple of DS extensions twinned with DECT analogue handsets. Presumably this will still be allowed?

On top of what's been said above, 3.2 will be compatible with systems running 2.1 as well as 3.x which is nice. For the users they get the option of color handsets (4625).

i like the Voicemail Pro client being able to access remote units like the Manager does.

armsay: yes, mobile twinning allows twinning to an external number, such as a cell phone. This of course requires a digital facility to provide answer supervision.

My favorite "new" feature is actually the ability to adjust the StillQueued replay time (this might have been there before but I just noticed it in 3.2)

Kyle Holladay
Certified: ACACN, ACSCI, ACSCM, TIA-CTP
"If it worked the way it should you wouldn't need me

Armsay

Yes you can still twin with internal devices as your existing setup in 3.2 without RFA's.

But if you want to Twin extension to Cellphone (or external number for that matter) it will require an RFA (1,5,10 etc etc packs I'm assuming). I'm also assuming it will work the same way as PM Pro, ie 5 user licence, 7 users with PM Pro in User Profile, first 5 to log on win other 2 get PM Lite.

Cheers
Topes

hi great post this
anybody know where i can get a copy of 3.2 for testing in our lab

many thanks

SIP trunks are 4.0 - originally there was no 3.2, just 4.0 toward the end of this year, but then Avaya got worried about making people waiti so long for a next release and so some things were pulled forwards and a 3.2 release was created.

Figures - Avaya finally has a really cool feature on the IPO and they want to charge for it. So much for being rewarded for sticking with it for soo long.

Can somebody put it on ftp so others can test it on there lab.

Greets Peter

If a customer buys a new IPO then the extra charge of the software is hardly a issue, existing customers have to pay for more functionality, wich is common in the IT world.

Accept the fact that Telecom is moving forward to the IT world, within a few years Telecom solutions will be mainly software.

You will be assimilated, resistance is futile.....

Anyone know if Manager warns you that another user is making changes when you log in, I have heard about problems where two users in manager make changes so one lot get over written by the other!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back