Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPGuru

Vendor
Jun 24, 2003
GB
I will be installing an IP Office 2.0 trial site next week,
Has anyone else had experience of this software yet?
if is there anything I should be aware of?

No, but please keep us all inform of any quirks you find and what else it fixes. If you are installing IMS as well I would be very interested to know how it goes as the 1.3 and 1.4 versions are really buggy.

Check you ave all the latest IMS software form Avaya, we had a prolem site but this has now been resolved
My 2.0 install is very basic with 45 IP hardphones.
The New configuration wizard looks good however I have already found a number of buggs that need to be resolved

Currently we are at

2.0(9) Manager / Apps
2.0(9) Firware
2.0(10)VM Pro
User CD 2.0(6)
Power conferencing Server 2.0(3)

There are lot and lots of little issues, check the release notes to make sure your not chasing your tail with bugs

Where may I get a 2.0 sw to test on my IPO? Does anyone knows the features included in it? Someone told me it has the possibility to VPN via WAN. Is it true?
Are there any site to download informations or binaries of 2.0 (even beta, I know...)

Luca

Is this a platform only upgrade or are you also planning to upgrade any IPO applications?

Please list all items you intend to upgrade.

VPN tunnelling is beeing trialed in 2.0 but it is a licenced feature.

MY 2.0 site is a vergine install & is going without too many hickups apart from Avays latest Hardphone software

Cisco 3550 Switches with power will switch of the power to 4602 hardphones as suun as they start to boot - avaya are now investigating, the 4620 works fine
this problem has only occoured with 1.8 software

IPGuru

I installed the 2.0 beta two weeks ago. Please be aware that the upgrade from 1.4 to 2.0 is a two step process. You should have received software for 1.9 as well as 2.0. You first have to upgrade the unit to 1.9, then move the 2.0 software into the directory and upgrade to 2.0. Hope this helps.

AvayaCAM

It is only the IP403 that requires the special upgrade procedure - all other platform can be upgraded from 1.4 to 2.0 normally.

Mar sin leat

endpoint
(when you get here there's no where else to go!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back