Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 11.1.2.2.0 build 20 SIP Trunks Flowroute 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimFed

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2020
US
Cannot get Flowroute SIP trunks to work. Flowroute is saying our sip packets have the internal ip of PBX. I have multiple systems working fine with Flowroute for years. I have tried all the recommended settings in this forum. When I choose use Network Topology Lan1 I get message about The STUN server IP address cannot be 0.0.0.0 I have tried setting that to none matching other IP offices as well.
I have added the public ip address on the network topology tab under LAN1. I have a SonicWALL firewall and I have matched the settings to other SonicWALL's that work fine with Flowroute. The only difference on this system is it is brand new with the latest updates versus the other IP offices with Flowroute are older some 9.1 and 10.1 that work fine. I have made calls and it worked fine but other calls do not work. Flowroute says it is the PBX sending internal ip addresses. I thought I had this all figured out and have set these up before but now I cannot get it to work.
Was supposed to deliver this to customer today but cannot get working. Thanks for any help

Remove the 0.0.0.0 in the Stun Server address, make it just blank.
Ignore the error message, it is informational only.
Use Unknown or Open Internet as the firewall type, put your public IP address in the Public IP Address field.
Set your Public Ports to 5060/5060/5061.
On the Line's Transport tab, Use Network Topology Info is set to the LAN port that you are using to communicate.
In the SonicWall, under VoIP, check the box for Consistent NAT and UN-check the box for SIP Transofrmations

Thanks TouchTone I put these settings in and it now works some times. I called Flowroute support and they had me pull up CDR report and you can plainly see that the ip address of the calls is the public ip some calls and those work but some calls that fail show the internal IP of the phone system. I can call 3 times in a row and they all work. Call the 4th time and dead air. There is no consistency but I do see it is not Flowroute as every call the shows in the CDR report with internal ip fails. I do not see how they would be the problem. I have setup the SonicWALL like you said as well consistent Nat

Update I swapped the firewall for a PFSense. I matched the PFSense settings to another install I have. It did not work as well. I matched the settings of the LAN1 Network Topology to Static Port Block and that fixed the issue. I also have the public ip in the public ip address box. I first tried open internet and unknow per Touchtonetommy. After calls were working I swapped back to the SonicWALL and calls were not working again. After double checking the configuration the RTP ports were set to TCP not UDP. That fixed the SonicWALL. It also turns out I have one bad phone as when I call it I cannot hear anything on it. Of course that was the phone I kept using for testing. I noticed if I call a different DID and phone the calls work fine. I also tried calling from one phone to that phone and could not hear anything. This was three things wrong at once. Took me all day to get this all fixed but now my PFSense and my SonicWALL work with Flowroute sip trunks inbound and out. What a day! Thanks for the tips I did keep the trunk setting Use Network Topology LAN1 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back