Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP NIQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgaskins

Programmer
Jul 24, 2002
US
Currently, our NIQ connectivity is provided by a pt to pt T1 between two Aspect ACDs. I want to change to IP NIQ. I would like to learn about 'lessons learned' situations on installing/using this product. Thanks! Jennifer

I have used both NIQ and IP NIQ and i really like IP NIQ. One thing to be aware of, you will not be able to use the "select extension" step on the remote end if you are not at v 8.4 or above.

Is the conversion simply a matter of installing the Aspect IP card on both sites?

IP-NIQ has nothing to do with the Aspect IP cards or VoIP. You can read about how it works via Aspect's eServices web site.

When we installed IP-NIQ, we ran into two significant problems 1) We uncovered a bug which caused an agent's available time not to reset upon being reserved. A patch for this bug is now available. 2) Our brokers were not setup 100% correctly. Although the functioned properly, when we added new IP-NIQ route it would kill a related service on the call center, which caused all IP-NIQ functionality to fail. This has also been resolved.

We are still unhappy about the inability to transfer calls from one ACD to another through the inside line key.

Yes, IP-NIQ had some glitches, which seem to be fixed by Rel. SP3 now. If your System run < rel 9, you must avoid interruption of the IP-connections between ACDs and broker.
Always disable the routes and notes in all ACDs, stop rtserver on the broker bevore cutting any of the LAN connections...

Concerning the inside line key: do you try to transfer using #8/#9 ?

Yes, we use both. We can transfer to an agent group between ACDs, but we cannot transfer to particular agents between ACDs.

Ex. John at Site #1 can't directly transfer a call to Mary at site #2.

As Mattcctech already said, select extension steps might be a problem. Do you use CC rel. < 8.4? What country?
Aspect seems to know about the problem. But there must be some kind of magic within 'cause we had _no_ problem at all using the select extension step via IP-NIQ in both directions. The systems were running 8.3 and 8.02 (intl/german).
Did you try routing an external (DDI) call to a remote agent (like ordinary queueing but use select extension instead of select group)? just curious...

Chris,
Interesting that you are using IP-NIQ on a 8.3 and 8.02 CC. Aspect told me that we would have to upgrade to 9.x before using IP-NIQ. Any thoughts?

You don't have to be running 9.X to use IP-NIQ, but you do need 9.X to use their VoIP cards/technology.

We're running V8.4 Call Centers (USA). We can't use select extention between ACDs because ACD #1 can "see" agents on ACD #2. How are you getting around this? I'd love to see your a screenshot of your CCT if possible.

Shure, the ACDs cannot see the agents at the remote site. They just get messages from the broker when there is an available/reserved resource at the remote site, which was previously selected in remote incoming cct.
I dare to bet it might even work with "select trunk", too :)
Just kidding... even the broker does not know about any Agents. I used a variable to transfer the desired extension to the remote incoming cct...

I just tested the "select extension" scenario to prove it works. The test-routing is already deleted and meanwhile both ACDs are running run 9.0. But if you tell me where to send the ccts , I'll search in my "sent mail"-folder at work tuesday.

What do you want to use the select extension step for?
It makes sense if you want to queue calls locally and just an additional single agent at the remote site.
To call/transfer to individual remote agents, I would use
network acces codes and the usual select extension step in the default cct of the incoming trunk group at the remote site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back