Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Extension Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

keefbeef

IS-IT--Management
Oct 7, 2009
GB
Just wanted to check my understanding. When I use ldte to look at IP phones, some are showing the IP address in brackets ( xx.xx.xx.xx). When I do a trex on these phones, it shows as being down.

Usual cause is that phone has been unplugged? If the phone hasn't been unplugged, is there a way to reboot the phone?

Many thanks

0225 A01 HG3530-DX NON-MSN SBC N
DN4731 V(optipoint 410 standard ) A DMC
IP ADDRESS:(10.1.180.216 )

The very first thing to do is to 'Ping' the IP address, if it is 'live' you can then browse to the Telephone and give it a reset, the only time I have seen these being down and still having the same IP address is after a telephone firmware update via DLS, and then I have had to give the phone a manual factory reset. Bit of a pain when 100miles away.

Good luck,
Mal.

Can't ping either, so looks like a drive then. Was maybe going to look at bouncing the port that the phone is connected to, but as these are L3 switches, can't tell which switch or port the phone is connected to.

If you are running a DLS (Deployment and Licencing Server)
this will have a record of the MAC address, you could find the port that way.

Happy Driving,
Mal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back