Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Enabling Partner ACS"s 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

52nooknick

Technical User
Apr 7, 2007
US
I recently received a email from a very large distributor that invited me to a Webinar in November for information on how to connect 2 or more Partner ACS's together via IP

Title... " IP enabling Partner ACS "

I called the Sales Dept for some info, since I will not be able to attend the session... but was told that the info would not be available until the Webinar session date.

I have linked two Partner ACS's in the past using MultiTech's FXS/FXO devices but it had it limitations...

Soooo...Anyone out there have any inside dope as to what this great announcement is about ??

I have two ACS sites that would love to merge...I know it's not going to be close to IP Office application but...Just curious..Hmmmm
Rich

I believe they're recommending Multi-tech FXO/FXS solution...
Mike

Depending on how the two sites are served, if by the same CO, you could use something like CENTREX or "metro CENTREX" to provide some sameness of connectivity for the systems, but that would probably depend on your definition of "merge" and what features you are looking to use.

Then again, the Partner is not a PBX and was never designed that way. Even with the DS1 option, you can't fully realize its capabilities since you don't get all 24 channels. There are other limitations like the Dial Plan that put constraints on its flexiblity also.

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back