Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Dect upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

bixtool

Programmer
Mar 4, 2009
US
We have IP dect set up on a 412 at 4.1.9 with seven RFP32 base stations. The system ran fine and we added seven more handsets over the last four years with no problems. Due to construction we need to add at least four more base stations and are slao planning an upgrade to 6.1 shortly. I need direction as to how to proceed adding these and what type to buy as I am getting conflicting information from our distributor as what to do. Will the new licensed basestations work with the old, do I need an upgrade kit, etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

Pre licensed base station can be used without any issues but you already have 7 base stations so you do not need any licensed basestation except for one exception.

When you have the old licensing then it is running for 6 or more (32 max)
When you have the new licensing then you need 8 pre licensed base station before you can go unlimited (max 32)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

It currently shows that I need to enter the serial number in the license server to generate a new license and park number? When I look for any info pertaining to this it points to an old dfunct website that must have been set up at one time to generate new serial numbers. This happened after I tried to add the new base station in the ADMM. So I think the first step is getting this new license so it will accept the new base station, because under licensing in the ADMM the spot where the license used to be is blank, although all of my current bases are up and running with a green check. I knew Dect worked way to smooth and we had no issues for way to long that this day would come.......HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back