Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP DECT Material

Status
Not open for further replies.

technicaluser4

Technical User
Dec 28, 2006
MT
I have an IP500 and I am interested in connecting an IP DECT to it.

I have one room only and I think that the IPDECT is smarter because I will have just one base station instead of all the analog DECT phones.

Therefore for just one base station...is this the correct material? do I need other material except for the phones?

700420789 IP DECT INDOOR BASE STA RFP 32
700470644 IP DECT PWR ADPTR FOR RFP32 GLOBAL (understand this is the power supply for the RFP32)
700379027 IP DECT IPO MOBMGR 1 RFP LIC:CU

Thanks.

The Bundle option (1xRFP32+1xLIC) - 700378987 - should be cheaper... you will have do add the PWR ADPTR only.

I knew about that but it seems that the 700378987 material is no longer orderable.

Cheers.

The only IP DECT bundle that hasn't gone EOS is the 2 RFP/2 LIC. All the others ones stopped in August.

You will only need the power supply if you don't have POE switches.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

And VCM card with channels of course :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

And for the 700470644 IP DECT PWR ADPTR FOR RFP32 GLOBAL (understand this is the power supply for the RFP32)

You can use a normal PoE switch or a normal PoE injector, the are mostly cheaper and you don't need to had a power socket where the RFP is at.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Maybe you better order the new dect R4
Then you can order 1 base station

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Not used DECT R4 yet, can they be used without the AIWS? The AIWS is a step backwards isn't it :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Yes you can use dect without the AIWS

In Release 5.0 only the AIWS will be required for IP Office System Directory Integration. The AIWS will support the following features:
• IP Office directory access using TFTP
• Telephone management, software downloads via air. and menu programming
• Basic Messaging to DECT R4 handsets
The WIN-PDM tools can be used with a standard Windows based PC to provide management of telephones using an intelligent charging cradle connected to the USB port of a PC.
The Win-PDM tool will allow – if no AIWS is available - the following features:
• Management features including telephone software upgrade on the phone
• Reprogramming of telephone feature menu including feature name and feature access codes.
Please refer to the KnowledgeBase and the DECT R4 Installation Manual for full configuration and installation details.

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back