Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Communicator VPN Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazolla

Technical User
Nov 23, 2004
ZA
Please help. We are using Cisco IP Communicator with Cisco CallManager 3.3(5). On the local LAN (inside) it works very well - when u place a call u can hear the remote party and they can hear u. However , when u dial in from outside and access the CallManager via Cisco VPN client and PIX firewall there is one-way audio - U can hear the remote party but they can't hear you. Could it be ports we need to open on the firewall and if so which ones. Any help will do. Many Thanks

If you're using a vpn client on the actual laptop/pc itself rather than a hw vpn client(like a cisco3005) then you need to make sure the ip communicator is using the correct ip address to source voip traffic from(vpn client connection ip address will be different from the ethernet/wlan ip address).

This admin guide should help you out.

or

I have used that tool, but the IP it returns is that of the Firewall on which VPN is configured. It still doesn't work!

If I manually put the IP of the machine on VPN it also doesn't work.

What is going wrong??

THANKS

hmm, sounds like the pix is natting you - can you access the callmanager or do other tasks that require using the private tunnel (vpn client one)? If the vpn client doesn't work, ip communicator on top of the vpn client surely won't either.

Yeah all seems fine as far as accessing CallManager goes

Neily,

Still seems that you're being NAT'd - I think getip.asp is just like - it's going to return the source address 'seen' by callmanager.

Unfortunately, my PIX-jitsu is weak. All I can do is refer you to the config guides:

If you can remote RDP to the callmanager and ping your workstation, then I may be wrong. But I don't think so. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back