Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP communicator License

Status
Not open for further replies.

equium

Programmer
Feb 8, 2005
US
I've been setting up IP Communicator for many users for my customer. The typical process is the end user would submit a request for IP comm, I would get a work order to set up the profile in Call Manager, and another department would push IP comm to their laptop and it would appear under "advertised programs". Recently, my customer's "asset management" department started ordering IP comm licenses from another vendor. CISCO Part number L-IPCOMM86-SW.
They asked me to install the licenses in the Call Manager. I explained that the license they ordered is an end-user license and not for call manager. I'm not sure where to go with this. I've never had to deal with licenses with regards to the end users, only in the Call Manager. I'm not sure what to tell the customer to do with the licenses they're buying. All IP comm applications that have been installed on PC's have never been affected/halted due to a license.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks everyone

You would need a PAK key that you receive from Cisco (or your reseller), that you would register on cco and get a license file to load to call manager.
That would add DLU's to your cucm to allow provisioning of phones.
Ip communicator is a free download and there is no charge for it as long as you have proper cco access. What costs money are the DLU's.
You need to go back to the reseller and ask them for those licenses, assuming the customer actually purchased them.

Thanks Whykap. That helps alot. i'm working with my Voip Engineer/Team lead with getting this figured out with our customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back