Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP change on the HQ server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

atascoman

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
US
What is the correct procedure for changing the IP on the HQ server. Is there a service to disable then you can change it and reboot?

I would log on each switch and change the server address. I would stop all ShoreTel services before making changes in Director. You will need to log on Shoreware Director and make the changes. You will need to edit the registry and put in the new HQ Server Address. Below are the locations:

regedit
HKey_Local_Machine
software
Shoreline Teleworks
HQServer Address

Restart services or reboot server If you need me to be more detailed I can. I am assuming you are ShoreTel certified and not necessary to make this a huge post.

Thanks. I also got this from ShoreTel. I agree with the services step you mentioned.

1. Change the Headquarters Application server IP address to the new IP address

2. Change the Network card IP address to the new IP address

3. Change the registry HQ Server IP address. Go to Start, Run, cmd, regedit - browse to:

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Shoreline Teleworks\HQServerAddress

Change the HQ Server IP address to the new IP address

You can then follow one of the two options below:

Stop TMS then proceed to step 4

4. Open a command prompt - change to C:\Program Files\Shoreline Communications\ShoreWare Server (or D:)

Enter "tms.exe /regserver" and press the ENTER key

Start TMS

Option 2 would be to simply Reboot the server after Step 3 has been completed. Note that rebooting the server may take longer than completing step 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back