Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP CCTV system, displaying groups of cameras on multiple tv monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadphoneguy

Vendor
Mar 6, 2013
US
I need some help with an application that I haven't tackled before. We have a customer that has an IP CCTV system with 12 IP cameras on a 16 port NVR.
The customer wants to display 4 cameras on 2 or 3 TV Monitors. How do you split the video signal coming out of the HDMI output and display cameras 1-4 on Monitor 1, display cameras 5-8 on Monitor 2, and display cameras 9-12 on Monitor 3. Never tried to split up IP cameras like this before. With the old Analog cameras this was easily done with a Multiplexer. Is there something like this for IP cameras coming out of an NVR?
Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.
Chad

Will these monitors be standalone or will they be connected to a pc?
We have used a device like this on past installs:
It essentially allows you to 'mirror' one monitor on another, whatever monitor 1 see's, monitor 2 will see. This may not be exactly what your looking for but might get you going in the right direction.
I assume that your NVR has a GUI where you can setup different views with a combination of cameras. The VGA output from the pc connects to the Seco transmitter device and from there you run CAT5/6 cable to a remote monitor location where you have a Seco receiver device which connects to monitor.

Hope this helps

Making an assumption that the NVR allows for different views to be created, and they are viewed via a thick client or IE on a separate PC, then the following is required:
•each monitor would be connected to a separate PC, then the client would select a view created for the desired cameras - or
•each monitor is connected to a separate video output on a single PC, and multiple instances of the client would run pointing to the desired view., then the view would be placed on the monitor.
In scenario 2, be sure the video card/cards have sufficient horsepower to display the cameras, it will be a resource hog.

Some DVR software packages have a separate multi-view application that allows several matrix switched views from one machine.

Your best bet would be to ask a CCTV integrator for help. They do this all the time.

One thing that I found today that might work is:
What if I purchase a "Sungale Cloud TV Box-Turns Your TV into a Smart TV" for each TV Monitor.
Then this box would connect to the same internet network that the NVR would connect to, and this box would connect to the TV monitor via HDMI, and I could use the CMS remote viewing software on each TV to select which cameras display on each TV monitor.
Do you think that would work?
Thanks again.
Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back