Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ip Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

alberton

Technical User
Feb 26, 2003
ES
Hi !!!

Is mandatory a Definity R.10 or higher for working with Ip Agent?

Thanks

Definity V9 will work wit any version of IP Agent. V8 will only work with V2. Beginnin in V10 Avaya introduced the licensing file concept. R10 and above define the specifice versions of IP Agent that can be used with a specific PBX.

Kevin

I have the R3.0 IpAgent version and in its installation doc says that needs Definity R.10 or higher.
My Definity is R9.5 and when I log it as Ip Agent it has not any features as release a call, logoff the agent login,... I think it is a version trouble, but I am not sure and also I thought I did anything wrong.

Thanks

It wouldn't matter with login and logoff, but the other options need to be programmed on the station. Such as release, auto-in, after-call etc...

You could always manually dial the feature codes to login, auto-in etc...

Thanks,

Victor

Start by creating a callmaster station. Then decide if the configuration is going to be roadwarrior(VOIP) or telecommuter. If it is roadwarrior, remember to create and assign a media extension. Now go and configure this station on IP agent. Once again, if it is roadwarrior configuration, select "Cable,xDSL, ISDN". The callmaster station will give you the features needed(relase, login, logout.)IP agent R3 will work an Definity 9.5 as long as you have enough licences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back